At Periwinkle Beach House we respect your privacy, and aim to comply with the latest data protection regulations. This policy explains how we collect and handle data relating to website visitors. Please note that this policy may be altered in the future. It was last updated on 14th February 2020.
Who collects the information?
The information is being collected by Periwinkle Beach House, and the person responsible for handling data is Karen Barclay-Hogarth, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to Periwinkle Beach House, Drum Park, Lower Largo, KY8 6DA, Fife, United Kingdom.
How do we collect information?
Information can be collected in the following ways:
- If you contact us via our enquiry form.
- If you sign up to our mailing list.
- If you make an online booking.
What information is collected?
For enquiries and/or bookings we will only collect the minimum information required for the purposes of being able to contact you and make an accurate record of the booking and process any payments relating to it.
The anonymous data relating to website traffic is limited to details of the device or connection being used to access our website (including the IP address of your computer, the country the connection is made from, the browser, etc.) and a record of the pages visited, plus the time spent on each page.
How is your data used?
When you contact us, make a booking or sign up for our newsletter, your data is only used for the corresponding purposes. We will not pass your contact details and other personal data to a third party.
Some data will also be used for internal record keeping (e.g. for the accounts that we are legally obliged to maintain), and to help us assess how to improve the services that we offer.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Personal information will only be given to a third party when we are legally obliged to do so.
Anonymous data derived from cookies may be shared with third parties, but only for technical purposes, not marketing ones.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, and this will be sent to you in electronic format free of charge.
Your right to restriction
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com;
- If you do not want Google Analytics to compile anonymous statistics about the interaction between your device and our website, you can download and install the HERE. If you use Firefox, see the information HERE. If you are using Safari, see HERE.
Acceptance of these terms